License Category B
The driving licence category B entitles you to drive following vehicles:
- - Automotive vehicle carrying no more than 9 persons, with a maximum authorised mass of 3.5 tonnes;
- - Van;
- - Taxi (after the training period);
- - Self-propelled machine with a maximum authorised mass of 12 000 kg;
- - Tractor;
- - Moped;
- - Quadricycle (Quad);
- - Trailer with a maximum authorised mass of 750 kg (even if the combination mass exceeds 3500 kg);
- - Trailer with a maximum authorised mass over 750 kg (but the combination mass shall not exceed 3500 kg).
The minimum age for applying to a driving school for this driving licence is:
- 17 years and a half.
Documents required for the application for a driving licence of the category B:
- - A medical certificate (less than 3 months old);
- - A recent passport photograph (taken from the front) in 45 × 35 mm format;
- - A valid copy of your ID card/passport;
- - A copy of your driving license
(if you are a holder of another category);
- - A recent copy of the criminal record from the country of origin
if you have been resident in Luxembourg for less than 5 years.
If you are not 18 years old at the time of application:
- - The signature of a guardian is required;
- - A copy of his or her identity document.
The number of theory lessons required to be taken at a driving school :
- - A minimum of 12 one-hour lessons;
- - A minimum of 6 hours if you hold a driving licence of another category.
If you fail the theory test, you must repeat half the mandatory theory hours, before retaking it.
The minimum number of practical lessons required to be taken at a driving school:
If you fail the practical test, you must take at least 8 one-hour practical lessons.
Issue of the driving licence :
After passing the practical test, you shall be issued the driving licence for the category B
valid for a period of 2 years.